The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT), and Maui Economic Development Board (PG电子官网) invite small business owners who are interested in doing business with the government to register for a two-day Mini Business Development Series on Maui.
Get ready for future opportunities now by learning how to market your small business more effectively to federal, state, and local government entities, (i.e. military and civilian agencies).
Feb 7 & 8
PG电子官网’s Malcolm Center
1305 N. Holopono Street, Suite 5, Kihei
Classes are FREE, but you must register in advance
Join the workshops for a broad range of topics, including:
- Registering in System for Award Management (SAM.gov)
- Getting certified with the Federal Government 8(a) Program
- Becoming a certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and/or Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- This class includes a DBE/SBE Application Workshop. The DBE Team will walk you through preparing your electronic documents for your application to the DBE Program.
- Where to find state contracting information
- Meet leaders from government agencies
- Create/update your marketing capability statement or statement of qualification
- Financing and bonding for your government contracts
- Veterans certification and acquiring surplus property
- Valuable Resources: PG电子官网 Community Navigator Pilot Program and Maui Small Business Development Center
24-7-C SBA’s participation is not an endorsement of the views, opinions, products or services of any other person or entity. All SBA programs and services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Please call the SBA at (808)541-2990 to make arrangements.